"There were business people, academics, lawyers and civil servants. One had been a judge for the Booker Prize. Some had studied ancient history at university; others had discovered their fascination for archaeology on childhood holidays. It was an erudite bunch whose erudition was about to be extended." Telegraph Travel
"Wouldn’t it be nice to travel with your own personal archaeologist, a sort of Indiana Jones, to bring back the wonder of discovery?" Sunday Telegraph
We are proud of the fact that Andante Travels is an unusual company, founded and run by archaeologists together with a fine team of linguists and travel professionals. Over the past 26 years, we have taken thousands of people all over the ancient world in the company of experts.
Travelling with Andante, what to expect:
• A well-structured holiday planned with expertise and care.
• Special-access and the chance to visit some sites out of reach to most tourists.
• Small groups of like-minded people - these tours are available only to Cambridge Alumni and guests (16-25).
• Hand-picked hotels and good local food.
• A specially trained Andante Tour Manager who works unobtrusively to ensure the tour runs smoothly (except Walking Istanbul, which is designed to give travellers more independence).
Please contact us if you would like any further information – there will almost always be a member of the office team (which includes several in-house archaeologists) available who knows the tour well. Ring 01722 713800 or email