Bare Bones - Cyprus | The South
This beautiful Mediterranean island has a rich Prehistoric, Classical and Medieval past. Recent research has pushed back the dates for the earliest occupation of Cyprus to over 10,000 years ago, and over millennia the people of Cyprus developed their own distinctive artefacts, buildings, art and culture. From a Bronze Age olive oil ‘factory’, to Roman tombs, to vineyards once tended by crusaders, the remains of ancient Cyprus each tell a story.
A very beautiful journey through the land famed as the birthplace of Aphrodite. Dr Paul Croft, who has devoted his career to the study of Cypriot archaeology, leads us from mountain churches to Prehistoric and Classical sites, overlooking the clear blue waters of the Mediterranean.
- A privileged introduction to Cypriot archaeology - special access to sites, introduced by local archaeologists
- Fantastic, diverse archaeology from Neolithic houses, to the fabulous mosaics at Paphos
- Journey into the unspoilt Troodos Mountains, with traditional villages and some spectacular Byzantine churches
- Historic Churches
- Ancient Greek
- Special Access
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in program; tips included
- Field Notes
- Hotels - Bed & Breakfast
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.