Cyprus offers a beautiful setting for archaeological discovery. Amidst the unspoiled natural landscape of this sun-blanched land, on our journey through the northern part of the island we find an array of Medieval castles, expansive classical sites, and gentle villages. Meet with a local archaeologist who offers a real insight into the ongoing excavations on the island.
Salamis is, of course, the true highlight of our tour. The ancient city covers a small stretch of land along the Cypriot shore, and is easily the country’s best archaeological site. Discover the fully restored Roman amphitheatre, a gymnasium with marble baths, and a fascinating collection of mosaics.
- Explore vast archaeological sites of once mighty classical cities - with a mammoth gymnasium complex, Roman baths and a partially restored theatre
- Enjoy gorgeous, breathtaking views from the Kyrenia Mountains out across the Mediterranean Sea
- Discover atmospheric Byzantine castles, domed Ottoman mosques, arched caravanserai, and other landmarks from Cyprus’ rich history
- Cultural Excursion
- Ancient Greek
- Special Access
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
- Hotels - Bed & Breakfast