Ravenna and Aquileia, cities full of the churches and residences so typical of the time replete with unparalleled mosaics. While Italy struggled at the hands of barbarian invaders, the great walled cities, seemingly secure behind their defences, enjoyed a golden age of creation. Marvel at the artistry and explore the stories behind the shimmering tiles.
The mists, lagoons and beautiful historic cities of the Po Valley make Ravenna a wonderful choice for a Christmas tour. We enjoy a traditional Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve, a very authentic Italian celebration.
- Immerse yourself into a traditional Italian Christmas
- Out-of-hours access to the Church of San Vitale
- Tour Pomposa Abbey
- Explore the great Cathedral of Aquileia
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in program; tips included
- Field Notes