Bare Bones Sicily
The multi-cultural nucleus of the ancient world; archaeologically, Sicily has it all - wonderfully-preserved Greek temples, Roman villas with mosaics and Norman cathedrals (also with glorious mosaics). This is a tremendously varied journey - from the flower-covered hills around ancient Segesta, to the Baroque splendour of chic Ortygia.
- Historic Churches
- Ancient Greek
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Choose when and where to eat - Breakfasts included. Sicilian cuisine is Italian with a touch of Arab spice. Delicious fish and vegetable dishes, often flavored with the almonds that grow all over the island.
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in program; tips included
- Field Notes
- Hotels - 3 nights in chic baroque Ortygia, Syracuse; 2 nights close to the temples in Agrigento; 2 nights in Palermo, close to the museum
- 3 nights in chic baroque Ortygia, Syracuse: the hotel has an attractive rooftop restaurant from which you can enjoy views of the island's harbour.
- 2 nights in Agrigento: The hotel is set in a large area of parkland within the Valley of the Temples at Agrigento. There is restaurant, a large, terraced garden with orange and lemon trees, hibiscus and bougainvillea, and a covered terrace bar with an impressive view of the temples.
- 2 nights in the centre of Palermo: in an elegantly restored palazzo, close to the museum and Teatro Massimo (opera house).
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.