Sweden & Norway | Rock Art
Rock art dating from the Neolithic through to the Iron Age is scattered throughout the landscape of Scandinavia. Our journey through Sweden and Norway takes us to the best of these enigmatic depictions - scenes of fighting, sun worship, chariots and boats that shed light on the everyday life and beliefs of the people inhabiting these dramatic landscapes over 3500 years ago.
Led by expert Dr Tertia Barnett, discover a Scandinavia that you never knew existed - stone circles, cairns and carved boulders hidden within Sweden and Norway’s varied and dramatic landscape.
- Visit the impressive Oslo Viking Ship Museum, home to the world’s best-preserved and first-discovered Viking ships
- Enjoy a leisurely afternoon gliding along the Alta River, taking in some of the spectacular scenery (and hopefully glimpsing some local wildlife)
- Marvel at vast expanses of rock art at Hjemmeluft, including a huge panel depicting over 1500 mythical figures
- Rock Art
- Special Access
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in program; tips included
- Field Notes
- Hotels - 3 nights in a 17th century former manor house in Tanumshede, 1 night stay in an elegant Oslo hotel dating from the 1920s, 3 nights in a polished hotel with modern rooms in northerly Alta
3 nights in a 17th century former manor house in Tanumshede
1 night stay in an elegant Oslo hotel dating from the 1920s
3 nights in a polished hotel with modern rooms in northerly Alta
Joining the Tour
There are a few options for joining the tour and we’ll be happy to help or book your international flights for you*
- You can choose to join the group flights departing from London (connecting flights & transfers available).
- You can choose to book your flight directly to your final destination. You can either meet the group flight at the airport arrivals hall or the hotel (transfers available).
- You can book your flights on your own, all we ask that you forward your flight details to us as soon as possible after booking.
For further information just call our US office on 888-331-3476. (*Additional cost applies.)
Andante Travels is an Airlines Reporting Corporation (ARC) accredited travel provider. We have highly trained staff who can book flights at excellent rates from airports across the USA, all booked with the knowledge, expertise and trusted backing of ARC air travel intelligence services.
Passport & Visa Information
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.