Oberammergau & The Castles of Bavaria
The fantastical fortresses of Ludwig, the ‘Fairy Tale King’
Of all the attractions to combine with the once-a-decade spectacle of the Oberammergau Passion Play, few could be more enchanting and memorable than the 19th century ‘Dream Castles’ of King Ludwig II of Bavaria. These fortresses, palaces and country houses, all set in landscapes of Alpine splendour, were like none that came before – so romantic and beautiful that they appear taken from the pages of a fairy-tale. Ludwig’s story had no happy ending, but his fantastical architectural visions live on, bewitching visitors to the present day. Discover the reality behind the dreams in expert company on this outstanding itinerary.
*Please note that hotel names are confirmed to us by the Passion Play organisers closer to the departure date. Single travellers are allocated single rooms during the nights in the Oberammergau area; in other hotels they are allocated a twin/double room for sole occupancy.
Tour dates & prices
Included in your cost:
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Professional Tour Manager
- Local travel aboard a private air-conditioned coach
- Entries to all sites as per the itinerary
- All taxes & gratuities
- Meals as per the itinerary, wine and tea or coffee with dinner
- Hotel Category B (equivalent to 4-star)*
- Category 2 Tickets for the Passion Play & Passion Play textbook in English