Armenia & Georgia
Between Europe and Asia, the Caspian and the Black Sea, and on the ancient Silk Roads and the Scythian invasion routes stand the republics — ancient kingdoms — of Armenia and Georgia. Until recently cut off by the Iron Curtain, these warm, hospitable countries are but little known to western travellers, yet their names conjure up images of trade and hospitality, the Greek myths of Prometheus, Medea and the Golden Fleece.
Their location between great civilisations guaranteed them a pivotal role in world history. Yet, their varied landscapes are reason enough to visit — Europe’s highest mountains, fertile plains, semi-tropical coastlands and arid steppes are the backdrop to our travels.
departures:Select Your Departure Date
What to Expect
- Discover the captivating history that created both Tbilisi's and Yerevan’s urban centres
- See exquisite metalwork and jewellery from the Bronze Age
- Enjoy the country’s dramatic landscapes, from its lush sub-tropics to the semi-desert steppes
- View fortresses, Hellenistic temples and Art Nouveau palaces
- Learn about the ancient Georgian wine-making tradition, which involves fermenting grapes in earthenware and has now been recognised by UNESCO